Search This Blog

Friday 17 April 2020

Let's Talk About You - Speaking - Beginner Elementary Level

Let's Talk About You - Speaking - Beginner Elementary Level


How to Introduce Yourself in English









Introduce Yourself: Name
Question: What’s your name?
Answers:
§  My name is …/ I’m …
§  My full/ first/ last name is …
§  You can call me …/ They call me …/ Please call me …/ Everyone calls me …
§  My nick name is …

Self Introduction: Country
Questions:
Where are you from?/ Where do you come from?
Where were you born?
Answers:
§  I’m from …/ I hail from …/ I come from …/ My hometown is …/ I’m originally from … (country)
§  I’m … (nationality)
§  I was born in …

Introduce Yourself: Address
Question: Where do you live?/ What’s your address?
Answers:
§  I live in … / My address is … (city)
§  I live on … (name) street.
§  I live at …
§  I spent most of my life in …
§  I have lived in … for/ since …
§  I grew up in …

Self Introduction: Age
Question: How old are you?
Answers:
§  I’m … years old.
§  I’m …
§  I’m over/ almost/ nearly …
§  I am around your age.
§  I’m in my early twenties/ late thirties.

Introduce Yourself: Family
Questions:
How many people are there in your family?
Who do you live with?/ With whom do you live?
Do you have any sibling?
Answers:
§  There are … (number) people in my family. They are …
§  There are … (number) of us in my family.
§  My family has … (number) people.
§  I live with my …
§  I am the only child.
§  I don’t have any siblings.
§  I have … brothers and … (number) sister.

Self Introduction: Birthday/ Phone number
Questions:
What is your date of birth?/ When is your birthday?
What is your phone number?
Answers:
§  My birthday is on …
§  My phone number is …

Introduce Yourself: Jobs
Questions:
What do you do?/ What do you do for living?/ What’s your job?/ What sort of work do you do?/ What line of work are you in?
What did you want to be when you grew up?
Answers:
§  I am a/ an …
§  I work as a/ an …
§  I work for (company) … as a/ an …
§  I’m unemployed./ I am out of work./ I have been made redundant./ I am between jobs.
§  I earn my living as a/ an …
§  I am looking for a job. / I am looking for work.
§  I’m retired.
§  I would like to be a/ an …/ I want to be a/ an …
§  I used to work as a/ an … at … (places)
§  I just started as … in the … department.
§  I work in/at a … (places)
§  I have been working in … (city) for … years.

Self Introduction: Hobbies
Questions: 
What’s your hobby?/ What do you like?/ What do you like to do?/ What’s your favorite … ?
Answers:
§  I like/ love/ enjoy/ … (sports/ movies/ …/)
§  I am interested in …
§  I am good at …
§  My hobby is …/ I am interesting in …
§  My hobbies are …/ My hobby is …
§  My favorite sport is …
§  My favorite color is …
§  I have a passion for …
§  My favorite place is …
§  I sometimes go to … (places), I like it because …
§  I don’t like/ dislike/ hate …
§  My favorite food/ drink is …
§  My favorite singer/ band is …
§  My favorite day of the week is … because …
Because: (self introduction sample)
§  there are many things to see and do
§  This is one of the most beautiful places I have been visited.
§  I can relax there
§  it’s relaxing/ popular/ nice/ …
Hobbies – Free time activities for self introduction.
§  Reading, painting, drawing
§  Playing computer games
§  Surfing the Internet
§  Collecting stamps/ coins/ …
§  Going to the cinema
§  Playing with friends
§  Chatting with best friends
§  Going to the park/ beach/ zoo/ museum/ …
§  Listening to music
§  Shopping, singing, dancing, travelling, camping, hiking, …

Questions: What do you like doing your free time?/ What do you do in your spare time?
Answers:
§  In my free time, I like …
§  I like … when I’m free.
§  At weekends I sometimes go to … (places)

Introduce Yourself: Education
Questions:
Where do you study?
What do you study? / What is your major?
Answers:
§  I’m a student at … (school)
§  I study at …/ I am at …/ I go to … (school)
§  I study … (majors)
§  My major is …
Majors in English: accounting, advertising, arts, biology, economics, history, humanities, marketing, journalism, sociology, philosophy, …
Questions:
Why do you study English?
Do you speak English?
How long have you been learning English?/ How long have you learned English?
Answers:
§  I study English because …
§  I can speak English very well.
§  I’ve been learning English for/ since …
§  I can express myself and communicate in English.
Because: (self introduction sample)
§  I like it a lot
§  I love it.
§  I think it’s important
§  I have to
§  It’s very important and necessary.
§  I want to learn more about this language.
§  I love to improve my English skills.
Questions:
Which grade are you in?
Which year are you in?
§  I’m in … grade.
§  I’m in my first/ second/ third/ final year.
§  I am a freshman.
§  I graduated from …/ My previous school was …
Question: What’s your favorite subject?
Answers:
§  My favorite subject is …
§  I am good at … (subjects)
Subjects: Maths, English, Physics, Physical Education, Science, Music, …

Self Introduction: Marital status
Questions: What is your marital status?
Are you married?
Do you have a boyfriend/ girlfriend?
Answers:
§  I’m married/ single/ engaged/ divorced.
§  I’m not seeing/ dating anyone.
§  I’m not ready for a serious relationship.
§  I’m going out with a … (someone)
§  I’m in a relationship./ I’m in an open relationship.
§  It’s complicated.
§  I have a boyfriend/ girlfriend/ lover/ …
§  I’m in love with … (someone)
§  I’m going through a divorce.
§  I have a husband/ wife.
§  I’m a happily married man/ woman.
§  I have a happy/ unhappy marriage.
§  My wife/ husband and I, we’re separated.
§  I am available.
§  I haven’t found what I’m looking for.
§  I’m ready for a rebound relationship.
§  I’m a widow/ widower.
§  I’m still looking for the one.
§  I (don’t) have … (number) children.
§   
Introduce Yourself: Others
§  I’ve got a … (pet)
§  I am a … person/ I’m … (character & personality)
§  My best quality is … (character & personality)
§  My best friend’s name is …
§  I (don’t) have … (number) international friends.
§  My dream is …


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Sharing. Great Informations.

Active and Passive Voice in English Language Explained

Examples of Active and Passive Voice in English "Voice" is a  grammatical category  that applies to verbs. Voice...